1 a mouth or mouthlike opening
2 a hard brittle blue-gray or blue-black metallic element that is one of the platinum metals; the heaviest metal known [syn: osmium, atomic number 76]
3 (computer science) software that controls the execution of computer programs and may provide various services [syn: operating system]
4 the left eye [syn: oculus sinister]
5 rigid connective tissue that makes up the skeleton of vertebrates [syn: bone] [also: ossa (pl), osar (pl), ora (pl)]ora See os
- Rhymes: -orɑ
- Hyphenation: o·ra
- To live.
EtymologyCompare Hawaiian ola.
Old High German
Etymology, whence also Old English ēare, Old Norse eyra.
- ear (organ of hearing)
- the hour
ORA or Ora may refer to:
- Open Reporting Application
- Komodo Dragon (Varanus komodoensis) or Ora in the native language of Komodo. It is the largest living lizard species.
- Ora River, Uganda
- Reformist Party ORA, a political party in Kosovo
- Ora (currency), used in Orania
- Ora serrata, the serrated junction between the retina and the ciliary body
- O'Reilly Media, formerly O'Reilly & Associates
- Auer, Italy (Italian name Ora), a municipality in Italy
- Ora, Indiana, a community in the United States
- File Extension for some Oracle RDBMS files, such as tnsnames.ora or sqlnet.ora
ora in German: Ora
ora in Esperanto: ORA
ora in French: Ora
ora in Italian: ORA
ora in Dutch: Ora
ora in Polish: Ora